Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas is Here!

Well, not yet...5 more days, but this will probably be my only post during break, so 5 is close enough to 0.

So glad finals and the semester is over. Crazy how fast it all went. This time next year I will be D-O-N-E, DONE! Still don't know what I'm going to do once I'm done. I have a year to decide still.

This semester overall wasn't so bad. I was kept busy but mostly not overwhelmingly so. When things did seem to be a bit much Heavenly Father helped me out. Since the third or fourth week of school I had at least one exam a week. Crazy, but I survived.

My favorite class this semester would probably be my special topics class. I learned so much from that class! I also am a TA for it now. I don't get to deal with the students at all. I actually get to help develop the course, which is pretty neat. That isn't something that happens all the time.

Floral Design was also a fun class. I learned a lot about how to make pretty floral arrangements and all the different names of flowers. If any of you BYU peeps are looking for an elective, it's an easy, fun class (PWS 112).

Food Preparation for the Home was also good. I learned a decent amount in that class. I haven't decided if I like cooking more or not...I think I got better at it though. This is a good class to take if you need a 2 credit class. Just make sure to not miss any lectures (take copious notes), take all the quizzes & write the questions & answers down (or take a picture if that's easier), read the textbook (maybe even take notes over the important stuff), and do the lab readings. Those things will help you greatly on the midterm & final (there's no study guide).

Persuasive Writing & Research Methods were alright classes. Not much to say about those classes, besides the fact that I was worried about these classes the most. They ended up not being so bad.

I think this has been my best semester yet or among one of the best. I'm so very thankful for that. It was such a blessing to get into BYU twice, it's even more of a blessing to be doing as well as I am. So very thankful. I give the credit to Heavenly Father and to me doing all that I can do. Hopefully my final two semesters will go at least just as well. Marriage really has been good to me. Ever since getting married my GPA has gone up each semester, so thank you Dallen. :)

Well, I suppose that's it for now. I'll do my best to write about my Christmas adventures when Dallen & I get back from visiting my family. Merry (almost) Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment