Monday, October 30, 2017

The Eternal Nursery Leader

This name came to be from the Primary president who used to be in Nursery with me back in my previous ward. I got it because I spent the majority of my married life in various Nurseries (3.75 years in Nursery out of the then 4.17 years married). When I was released as a Nursery leader I was sad, but I knew it was coming at some point. I came to terms with it and was ready to see what calling the Lord had in store for me next.

Fast forward several months, my husband, dog, goldfish, and I moved to a new state and, thus, a new ward. I was really excited to find out what calling I would get. After being in the ward for a few months, my husband and I were asked if we would like accept a calling as Nursery workers. When I heard that I was surprised. I thought that I was done with Nursery and would move on to something else. When we were asked about what we thought of that calling I said "I'm used to it" (Not in a negative way, just as a matter of fact).

After the surprise wore off, I became grateful for the opportunity to serve in Nursery for the third time. There were things I wanted to improve upon as a Nursery leader, so I was grateful to have this opportunity to truly magnify and fulfill my calling.

In Stake Conference last week, testimony meeting in Sacrament yesterday, and in General Conference earlier in the month, it was mentioned how the calling we are in right now is the best calling for us, how the calling we are in right now is the most important one, and how our calling right now is the one for us.

I am truly thankful to be in Nursery again. It really is the best calling ever. Being a Nursery leader is the most important calling; it is where children learn about the Gospel in a more formal setting for the first time. I absolutely LOVE serving in Nursery; it is this calling that helped me decide I wanted to major in Family Studies.

I absolutely love all the children I get the opportunity to teach and know better (both in my current ward and in the previous wards). They know so much about Jesus and His gospel already in the 18 months to 3 years they have lived thus far. It truly blows me away. I'm thankful to all of their parents for doing a great job in raising them. I really think that these children will accomplish great things with their life.

I am grateful to call myself an "Eternal Nursery Leader" (4 years in Nursery out of the 5.17 years married and counting).


2 comments:

  1. 7th time for me. I need to work on my attitude this time. Thanks for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully said! Grateful for you and your patience and kindness!! You and your husband rock!

    ReplyDelete