Friday, April 4, 2014

Summer is in the Air!

I know that spring has just begun, but at BYU it is almost summer. Last day of classes are on the 15th (almost a week away) and finals start soon after that. Today was my unofficial last day of SFL 101 (there's class next Friday but I will be away on a field trip--more to come soon). I gave a group presentation for PWS 101 that I almost thought would be on my information alone, but my group did their thing within a couple of hours of presenting and we did a pretty good job (I don't know the score, but the professor told us we did well).

I am really looking forward to finally having a break from homework and exams. This semester has gone by way too fast. I can hardly believe that the field for PWS 101 (Medicinal Plants) is less than a week away. I am both excited and not excited. Excited to be seeing cool plants and going on my first campus field trip outside of Provo. Not excited because I won't see Dallen or Little Fishy until Saturday evening (we are leaving mid-afternoon on Thursday). We'll be down in St. George, so it should be nice and warm. I haven't decided if I wanted to stay in the bunkhouse or if I want to bring the tent and camp. I'll have to think about it.

Today has just been a crazy day, but I suppose the days get crazier as the semester comes to an end. I am glad it is the weekend (or will soon be once Dallen is done with work). I'm looking forward to going to IKEA tonight for a date and getting a comforter for the duvet we got last month (Yes we've been using the duvet with our old non-duvet required comforter).

Tomorrow and Sunday is General Conference and I am really excited for it. I LOVE listening to all the things that the prophet and apostles have to say. Everything about Conference is GREAT! I love having my questions answered and learning how I can apply the things which were said to my own life for the bettering of myself, my family, and those that I come in contact with. We might go wait in the standby line for one of the sessions, but have not yet decided. Someday I would love to get tickets for Conference, but it's kinda hard to get tickets when you're in Utah because not every ward has them.

I suppose those are the things that are on my mind for right now. I probably should get back to working on homework, especially since I have a paper for Doctrine and Covenants due tomorrow night. Have a happy General Conference weekend!

P.S. General Conference airs at 10 AM and 2 PM Saturday and Sunday, with Priesthood Session at 6 PM (all Mountain time). You can watch it at these places: lds.orgLDS General Conference YouTubeBYUtvMormon Channel, Mormon Channel Mobile AppsRoku, and Facebook. I promise you that there is something for everyone at General Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment