Listening to General Conference talks and cleaning make a great pair. It helps the time go by quickly and brings peace into the home. It also provides me with company. A goldfish can only do so much to provide me with company.:) A message for me can almost always be had.
This week we talked about infant media in class. Something that I was thinking about this morning is the effect that listening to/watching General Conference has on infants/toddlers. I don't think listening to/watching General Conference will have a negative impact. It'll probably have no effect, but it just might have a positive effect. Maybe in behavior? I think it would be an interesting study. If the child is watching/listening with a parent it would have joint attention, maybe synchrony? Not much else besides those things, unless the parent takes the talk and breaks into smaller, more simple words/explanation and uses motherese and repetition.
Maybe someday when I have my own children I can turn this idea into a study.
No comments:
Post a Comment