Thursday, January 29, 2015

Life Song

In Media Development yesterday, we talked about music. One of the questions that Dr. Coyne asked is if we could choose one song to describe our life what would it be? I couldn't choose just one song.

However, an artist came to my mind and that artist is Taylor Swift. I love how she sounds so upbeat in all of her songs, even though most of them are about breakups. Some artists *cough cough* Adele *cough cough* are so negative in their songs about breakups. I feel that Taylor Swift tries to make the best of any situation, which is what we should all strive to do.

I also love how she is charitable, writes her own music, and her music is clean. It's great. I think more than one of her songs related to my life at some point.

One song that I love by her is "Both of Us" with B.O.B. This song reminds me a lot of my husband and me. This song describes our personality perfectly. My husband is into hip hop (B.O.B) and I'm into the pop (Taylor Swift). In this song Taylor Swift's voice is sweet and meek, which makes me think of being reserved (which I am). B.O.B on the other hand sounds more extroverted (which my husband is).

Even though I still can't think of just one song to define my life, I think "Both of Us" is good song that describes both my husband and my personality.

* Just a warning: There is one swear word*

1 comment:

  1. I agree, T. Swift has a song for everything! I am relatively new to the Taylor Swift bandwagon, I have always liked her music, but I feel like I have recently "discovered" it and I can slowly feel myself morphing into a fan girl. But what you said is so true, her songs are so relatable, feel real, and are happy! And who doesn't want a little bit more relate-ability, realness, and happiness in their lives?

    ReplyDelete