Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Wild Idea

Sometimes when I am up late at night and am disappointed at the way our country is headed, I get this wild idea that I should maybe run for president when I'm old enough. I don't know if I ever will actually run, but I think the things I believe in could save America. I would help bring America back to the way the founding fathers had intended it. I think I could be a good president. If I were to run for office I wouldn't want to do it the common way, i.e. being a senator/house representative. I think many Americans are getting sick of those types of people being president because they don't really care about the state in which they represent they only care about their own personal ideas. Because I would want to go the non-traditional route I know it would be a lot harder because I am neither rich or famous. I would find a way to get myself known though.

I then had the not as crazy but still crazy idea that I would go to graduate school and then law school. I probably won't actually go to law school because I don't have the intention to become a lawyer or judge, but it would be useful for the background on all the laws that exist in our nation. However, if I do go to grad school I would want to continue in my field of family and see if there are any emphases on law and religion. Religion and family really need help because they are under serious attack.

With these two ideas I think I could have a unique perspective that most don't have when they run for office, which just might be able to help me. Maybe in another post I could share the stance I have on certain topics, but for now this is all just a wild idea.

P.S. If any of you have ideas of how I can make a difference in our nation without becoming president, please comment below. I really want to help our nation rise.

2 comments:

  1. You can start on a community level. Get involved in your local elementary school, or attend city council meetings, things like that, to help you understand how things really work and get to know about laws. Eventually run for city council, school board, etc. and see how that goes. You get known on a local level and watch for bigger opportunities.

    Unfortunately "house-wife candidates" don't usually get very far, and I think it's partly because they don't understand the system or the issues, and they get caught out at debates. I also recommend Toastmasters International as a way to practice public speaking on all kinds of topics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about running for neighborhood office positions when we get settled in a location for a while. There were people at this year's caucus trying to get Dallen to run for various positions, but he didn't because he knew he wasn't (or more than likely not) going to be around for the full term.

      Delete