Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Birthday Weekend Bash

So, just a few short days ago I turned 21. Since my birthday fell on a Sunday this year, Dallen and I decided to have some fun with my birthday and celebrate it all weekend long. I guess we kinda started celebrating on Thursday...It was a really fun birthday weekend. I think the best I have had thus far.

To start off my birthday weekend we went to the mall. There was an original reason why we went and not because it was my birthday. What the original reason was, I don't really remember. Anyway, I ended up getting a new purse, shirt, two perfumes, and shower gel. I like my new purse. Dallen is actually the one who picked it out. It's a across-the-body purse. My shoulders aren't built for normal shoulder purses. They always end up falling off my shoulder. The purse is black and has sparkly rhinestones on it. Super cute. My shirt is gray with black lace short sleeves and black print and also has sparkly rhinestone on it. Also is pretty cute. Dallen happened to pick out the shirt too. He has really good taste in style. He knows me well. :) Dallen also helped me pick out the perfumes and shower gel. All of the scents are kinda sweet and fruity, since that's what I like. I'm not really into the flowery scent, too girly and just not me.

On Friday it was date night, so we decided to go to BYU's Fall Fest. It was pretty fun. There was laser tag, paper airplane make and toss, concert, hamster ball races (it has a real name but I don't remember what it is), a dance, food, inflatable slides, inflatable obstacle course, and karaoke. We did everything except laser tag and karaoke. We were going to do laser tag since I only went once before in my 21 years of existing, but the next open slots were later than we felt like staying. On our way home we decided to get dinner at Eggrollin'. It's a Filipino lumpia truck. The food is quite good. Lumpia is Filipino for egg roll. It's sad the the only Philippine food is in a truck. All the actual restaurants closed.

Saturday is when the real birthday festivities began. It was quite fun. Dallen made a guava cheesecake, which tasted really good. The recipe was kinda sad though. The cheesecake didn't stiffen as much as it should have. It still tasted good. We bought Henry Weinhardt's Root Beer. It was really good as well. Expensive stuff but good nonetheless.

The real surprise is when my former roommates (and best friends) came. Whitney was the first one to show up. She couldn't stay for long since she had another place to go. I was still super excited that she came. The last time we saw each other before Saturday was over a year ago at the Utah wedding reception. By the way, she makes super yummy cupcakes. :) So yummy. About an hour later Mandy came. While she was here we played Love Letters (a really fun, simple, easy game), ate cheesecake, drank root beer, and chatted. Acacia was the only one not able to come, but she is off helping do the Lord's work which I think is super awesome. I am sure she is a super great missionary.

Later that day, Dallen and I went to Salt Lake City. We were going to go to go to an indoor shooting range and shoot handguns so I can say that I got my "21 shots" but I wasn't 21 yet and therefore wasn't allowed to shoot. Instead, we walked the Gateway and City Creek Malls. We were going to eat at a Filipino restaurant, but all of the ones in SLC also closed. How sad. Since they didn't have our Filipino restaurant, we ate at Cafe Zupas. They have super yummy food. I always get the same thing when I eat there (which isn't often because it is a little pricey, but not too bad): Turkey Spinach Artichoke sandwich (hold the tomatoes) and New England Clam Chowder. Yummy.

Sunday was, well, Sunday so we went to church and was going to have a nice, relaxing day at home after church. While at church we learned that Dallen's Grammy was in the hospital (she doing awesomely and is back home). We visited with her for a few hours, and by a few I really mean about 5 or 6. It's okay though because when we got there she was by herself. It was nice talking with her. We didn't see them since Independence day, so the chat was nice.

By means of birthday presents I got yummy cupcakes from Whitney, delicious chocolates from Mandy, and a baby cougar stuffed animal (named Cosmo) with a blue, sparkly rhinestone bracelet (that makes a better collar for Cosmo) and ear buds from my ever wonderful husband. I also received many birthday wishes. I guess all in all you can say that my birthday was pretty good. I'm looking forward to what my future birthdays have in store for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment