Sunday, February 1, 2015

Music in My Mind

This kind of relates to what we talked about in lecture on Wednesday, but not exactly. It relates in that it's about music but it doesn't in that it's about music being stuck in your head.

Today I wondered if sometimes we get music stuck in our head for a reason or is it just random? I know we sometimes get a song stuck in our head because it relates to something that was said, just finished listening to the song, something we did, or something we thought about.

What does it mean, though, if we get a song stuck in our head not for any of the reasons mentioned above? I know I have some big decisions to make within the next few days that are potentially of eternal significance, so I don't know if the songs in my head are related to the decisions that need to be made.

Here are the songs that popped into my head first thing after waking up yesterday and today:

"Try" by Colbie Caillat and "Blank Space" by Taylor Swift (This was in my head today--Sunday--I didn't want it in my head since it's not a Sunday song, but it was in my head anyway)
"Everything Has Changed" by Taylor Swift featuring Ed Sheeran (This is one from yesterday--Saturday)

Just for fun here is one that was randomly stuck in my husband's head either this morning or yesterday morning:

"Everything is Awesome" from the Lego Movie

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if we get songs stuck in our head for a reason, but I have to admit that every time a hymn randomly comes to mind, or I don't realize that I'm humming a hymn until I've started the second verse, I feel pretty awesome. I love that wonderful music becomes a part of us, and it's a good warning to make sure we're listening to good music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment is related to your post, but also a little different. I can't tell you how many times I have started humming or singing a song only to stop and be confused as to where it has come from. USUALLY... It's something that someone else has been singing or listening to and it subconsciously comes out of my mouth. ALL THE TIME. :) Just a random observation I guess.

    ReplyDelete