Sunday, March 15, 2015

Indexing

Indexing is a lot of fun! I had an assignment to index 50 records for my family history class. Most of the records I did were obituaries. Obituaries are a really neat way to get to learn more about a person. For example, one obituary was from a 102 year old and another one was Col. Sanders' nephew (co-founder of KFC). How neat!

If you haven't tried indexing, you should. :)

2 comments:

  1. I've never done indexing, and I have to admit, I've been pretty terrible with getting family history stuff done in general. I do think it's pretty rad that some wards offer an actual family history class, because I'm useless on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love indexing! And the obituaries are my favorite ones to do. You get to learn about people's lives and it is just interesting to see people's stories and families. I agree, try indexing if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete